Marble, Travertine , Limestone – For Professional Use Only
HMK® P529 Re-Polishing Set allows you to refinish, by hand, your polished marble dulled by water marks, wine, fruit juice, cola spills and other citric acids. Absolutely no machines or tools are needed to perform this job. P529 is recommended for small area touch up work only. No build up will be formed, only a beautiful and natural polish. Other common polishing products often build up coats, yellow, scratch, scuff, peel, trap in dirt, look artificial, or are very hazardous to your health and adjacent marble surfaces.
Note: P529 is not effective on granite, resin based agglomerate, other non-calcareous stone ,or surfaces coated with a urethane or similar protective coating. Darker natural stones usually do not polish as well or as easily as lighter colored stones.
Important: Gray side of wheel may be used prior to use of white side in case of badly etched areas; this step will allow you to create a smooth honed finish as a base for re-polishing with the white side of the wheel.
1. Apply HMK® R55 Intensive Cleaner to first remove dirt, grease and light wax build-up from area to be restored. Apply undiluted, let stand 5-10 minutes. Agitate with sponge or clean white rag and rinse with water.
2. Use the HMK® P21 Polishing Paste on ALL areas adjacent to the affected area prior to the use of the HMK® P529 Polishing Wheel. This will reduce the possibility of etching surrounding areas during the refinishing process. The etching is caused by the acid in the wheel spreading as it dissolves to other areas.
3. Wet stone surface with water. Polish with WHITE side of HMK® P529 Wheel. Move wheel in circular motion over etched area only and apply medium to heavy pressure until luster is achieved. Add more water if needed and continue procedure (about 1/2 to 1 minute) until etched area is not longer visible. Remove residue immediately when interrupting buffing action and rinse well. If insufficient shine, repeat procedure.
Tip: Hold wheel in your hand at a slight angle. This will allow you to polish out even the smallest etch marks. Exercise more pointed pressure when needed.
4. If necessary, blend the closest surrounding area with newly restored area by quickly going over the edge of re-polished area with the WHITE side of wheel. Again wet surface, use the wheel for a few seconds only and rinse immediately.
5. Use P21 Polishing Paste after refinishing to improve/blend in shine, and for the ongoing maintenance to clean and protect. Apply with cloth and buff to high gloss. See directions on the tube. Use regularly.
Note: Do not leave Polishing Wheel on stone surface. Remove polishing residue immediately when interrupting buffing action, since it will cause etching.
COVERAGE: 20 sqft., 1.86 square meters per kit.
WARNING: Chemical Products. Keep out of reach of children. Wear protective gear when using P529 Wheel. See Material Safety Data Sheet.
PACKAGING: Kit – 1 each sample size R55, P21 and 1 re-polishing wheel.
STORAGE: Store in cool place.
TESTING: Testing in an inconspicuous area is imperative! Proceed with Care.
Limitation of liability: The liability of HMK® for defective products and any claims for damages whatsoever is limited to the purchase price of the products. HMK® shall not be liable for any consequential damages. No other warranty or representation is made or implied.